Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

April IMQG Challenge Entry

Yes, it's my first post for April :(  and it's for my April IMQG (India Modern Quilt Guild) April Challenge.

The challenge is to use the colors of the IMQG logo to make a quilt block that reflects what modern quilting means to me.  You can see at the left side of my blog of the IMQG logo, those are the colors I have to use.

I got the free pattern from this website, it has several nice block projects to try with.
I chose Pins and Stars pattern, since it has four colors that exactly I need to meet the challenge requirements.  I am not sure about it reflects what modern quilting means since I am still trying to grab the definition of modern quilting.  Nevertheless, I tried my best to assemble the patchwork at the last days of April so I can learn more about quilting. Here's the result ;)  The block's final size is 12" x 12"


I have to admit, it's tough job to make it precise at the corners :(   I was thinking it's the way I cut the fabric, or else the fabric itself, the plain white fabric is quite stretchy :(  No matter the list of excuses I have, I just need to practice more and more.

I will post the final result of this block, it may turns out as a table runner mostly :)

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for the effort you have made ​​in creating this blog, better shared information that's also one of the values ​​of democracy ... if I can do anything to help this site I 'd be happy .. Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your site, I obviously put in my bookmarks !!
    voyance par mail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, This is really amazing page, here, I really enjoyed reading your thoughts, I will definitely share this article to my friends out there.
    voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good article! Thank you so much for sharing this post. Your views truly open my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ... I love your blog full of great ideas , in fact I just signed up to your news if you want to do the same, it is a pleasure , good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour
    Félicitation pour votre excellent beau travail
    C’est super. Bonne continuation
    voyance amour

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Un tout grand merci pour votre site. C’est un plaisir pour toutes & tous.
    Bonne continuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo ! Votre blog est l'un des meilleurs que j'ai vu !
    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo ! Votre blog est l'un des meilleurs que j'ai vu !
    voyante serieuse par mail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vous ne pouvez pas savoir comme cela fait plaisir de tomber sur un joli et intéressant blog. Cela fait du bien au moral.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I stumbled upon your blog very interesting! ! Thank you for giving us this moment of pure happiness .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bravo ! Votre blog est l'un des meilleurs que j'ai vu !
    voyance mail

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merci pour tout ce travail que cela représente et pour tout le plaisir que j’y trouve
    voyance couple gratuite mail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vos partages me plaient beaucoup! C'est super!!!
    vrai voyance email gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merci pour tout ce travail que cela représente et pour tout le plaisir que j’y trouve
    voyance gratuite immediate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grâce à vous, j'ai pu apprendre beaucoup de choses intéressantes. J'espère en apprendre encore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...